TPO 第6套口语 Question 3 重新选题
History Seminars Should Be Shorter
Currently, all of the seminar classes in the history department are three hours long. I would like to propose that history seminars be shortened to two hours. I make this proposal for two reasons. First, most students just cannot concentrate for three hours straight. I myself have taken these three-hour seminars and found them tiring and sometimes boring. Also, when a seminar lasts that long, people stop concentrating and stop learning, so the third hour of a three-hour seminar is a waste of everyone’s time. Two-hour seminars would be much more efficient.
The woman expresses her opinion about the proposal that her friend Tim made in his letter to the newspaper. State her opinion about his proposal and explain the reasons she gives for her opinion.
1、题目关键词：the woman，state her opinions,explain the reasons,
(1)clearly state the woman's opinion of the proposal
(2)clearly summarize the reasons for her opinion.
(1) the history seminars should be shorter.
(2) can't concentrate.
(3) stop learning and the third hour is a waste of time.
(1)Tim is not a typical student. Tim is always sleeping in class. But most students are prepared.
(2)the last hour usually gets interesting and students start to exchange important ideas.
(1) In this set of materials, the reading passage is (the title of the reading passage) and the listening material is a conversation between 2 students (or a professor and a student) on this (notice, announcement, proposal). 当然，如果你觉得你的听力材料的理解率很高也不用谈及阅读材料中的内容。只是第一段说起来实在太easy了。
(2) In the reading passage, Tim made a proposal that ...
(3) In the talk, the man (or the woman) agrees or disagrees with the (decision,proposal, announcement or notice). She has 2 reasons for her choice.
(4) First, …Second, …